Tuesday 25 January 2011

My Funny Valentine Days



Crazy path to the jetty in the loch garden
 
Patio doors in lounge and both bedrooms
 With Valentines Day looming I got to thinking about one of my favourite songs. My Funny Valentine has been performed by many a star; Frank Sinatra, Elvis Costello, Judy Garland, Miles Davis and Chet Baker spring to mind.  I have performed it myself on many an occasion in my song performing days with easy listening band Diminished Fifth.  Valentines Day is the nations official celebration of romance however I have to share that my funny valentine husband Fraser is romantic most of the year. Its the way he makes me laugh and those little things when you least expect it that do it for me.  For example,  any time that we are away from each other overnight I find lovely wee messages in my suitcase if I am away and under my pillow if he is away.  I am not giving away all of our secrets but it is fair to say that we are romantic 364 days of the year. Yes, we have a day off on Valentines Day.    Both cottages in Perthshire are available for anyone who wants to treat a loved one around February 14th. Cuddle up in front of the woodburning stove  in our luxury new build cottage Briar Steading,  with a bottle of Champagne and chocolates that we will provide for your arrival.  There is an Ipod docking station so you can bring your own idea of mood music with you. Or choose Little Briar cottage and accept a complimentary bottle of Prosecco.  Both cottages face south over Loch Earn and there is nothing like the view on a moonlit or starry night. Remember we will be on our romantic day off so my funny valentine and yours truly will be more than happy to prepare the hot tub for your romantic break.  01567 830 443 to book or enquire.

No comments: